Are you the kind of person who doesn’t balk at following complex instructions? Are you a little more tech savvy than most people but who is comfortable in front of a computer as well as people? Be a QA engineer at Fluid!
At Fluid we work to live, not live to work. Taking risks and doing new things is core to what we do. We think great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of role or level. You are not defined by your job description. We are a team of generalists and value flexibility and adaptability. If you want to partner with high-profile brands and directly impact a product, then this is the place for you. Most importantly, if you believe that the people make a great company, then this is definitely the place for you!
You will be working with a talented group of engineers. Egos are not part of our culture. We support each other while having fun and getting $h*t done. Individuals are self-motivated, proactive and action-based. We take pride in the work we do and the solutions we provide our customers.
- 2-3 years experience with formal test tools and common software quality tools
- Experience in working with analysts, developers and testers for complex projects during the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of QA processes, practices and systems
- Hands-on experience with Agile environment
- Experience executing and coordinating functional, regression, UI and UAT testing
- Strong experience in the Web and end-user applications and investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems
- Well versed in Defect Tracking tools
- Excellent writing skills in test plans, test cases, bug reports, reports and other documentations
- Ability to test/lead multiple projects at a time
- Ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make forecast
- Willingness and ability to maintain high quality standards
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and respond to emergencies
- Highly driven hands-on QA Engineer, positive attitude and team player
- Curious and eager to learn and constantly find ways to improve processes and tools
- Enjoy working in teams but able to work independently
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience a plus
You May Also Have
- 2-3 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance testing using eCommerce applications
- Development/design/business/mathematics background
- Experience working with Demandware platform (Salesforce Commerce Cloud)
- Experience working with automated test frameworks
What You’ll Do
- Support holistic testing efforts for multiple projects and software releases, including functional, regression and user acceptance testing
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts based on documented and non-documented requirements
- Document, evaluate, reproduce, track and manage defects found
- Work with Development and Delivery teams to troubleshoot issues
- Provide testing estimates for assigned work
- Participate in scrums
- Establish and execute quality assurance testing practices across web and mobile applications
- Assist testing team members where possible
- Leverage agile testing framework, design and build functional test cases and scenarios pertaining to various components
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for releases
- Collaborate with QA team, PMs and Developers to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services
- May be required to create basic script automation
- Make recommendations for product quality and usability
- Provide reports on new defects found, defects retested and closed and failed defects
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible time off program
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid sick days
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (health care & childcare)
- Apple MacBooks
- Employee discount program
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Company social
- Company volunteer days
- Much more..
Fluid delivers award-winning customized digital solutions by transforming global businesses through innovative customer experience. Our work for world-class customers like The North Face, Fender, Michael Kors, Puma, Vans and many others spans consumer experiences across the web, social and mobile. Brands and retailers tap our unique combination of strategic consulting, design, development services to delight and engage today’s digitally savvy consumers, while building engagement, increasing brand loyalty and driving conversions.
Fluid is based in both Oakland and New York. This position is based in Oakland.
Fluid does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or persons other than the applicant via Fluid.com. Fluid therefore does not recognize any claim for recruiting, referral or any other fees arising out of applicants engaged or hired by Fluid with respect to resumes received via Fluid.com. By submitting a resume to Fluid via Fluid.com, you acknowledge that you are aware of Fluid’s policy and unconditionally waive any and all recruiting, referral or any other fees based on such submission.